Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Shell Lack experience at the Nail Salon

Hello :)
So Sunday 14th October I decided to go get an express manicure and chose shell lack polish instead of the normal one under the advice of the nail technician who told me that shell lack lasts 2-3 weeks.
It's not been 1 week and 2 days since I've had it done and I couldn't wait any longer to blog the results.

Here are how my nails started out the day I had them done

As you can see nice and pretty. Here are my nails just a week into the polish..


As you can see, the index finger's polish was peeling off just as the polish on the index finger of my other hand peeled off (luckily I had a Nails Inc polish the exact same colour and gave it a quick coat) and also if you look to the picture on the right you'll see that on the other hand the polish began to chip at the tip and sides of the nail.

In other words I'm not impressed. I would suggest anyone wanting to try it not to bother. It's a waste of money which could easily spend on nice nail polish instead. I must admit that as the nails grew the slightest touch would make the edge of the polish stick out a little bit and I'm fidgety so therefore I picked at it, however, the point is that for £20, you shouldn't be able to pick at it, and it should definitely not chip away as it did on the other hand. 

XOXO

13 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I've wondered how good this was, but had not seen any other reviews, so thanks for posting!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab weekend Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice colour *_* your blog is very good and interesting. maybe follow? im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adele,
    I'm glad I could shed some light on it for you, yes I've come to the conclusion that for £20 you're better off buying a nice Ciate/Red Carpet polish and top coat and doing it yourself!
    I will go check out your blog now! Thanks for looking at mine ;) xx

    Hi Thi, thank you :O I will also go and visit and follow your blog.

    Thank you for the comment!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adele,
    I'm glad I could shed some light on it for you, yes I've come to the conclusion that for £20 you're better off buying a nice Ciate/Red Carpet polish and top coat and doing it yourself!
    I will go check out your blog now! Thanks for looking at mine ;) xx

    Hi Thi, thank you :O I will also go and visit and follow your blog.

    Thank you for the comment!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mum gets shellack nails done, and she LOVES them. Always gets them done because hers have never chipped, she'll have them for like 2 months and you can only see the bit of growth and the bottom of her nails!! Shame they didn't work out as well for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow really? 2 months? That's a lot haha. Yeah, it's a shame I was looking forward to at least 2-3 weeks of not having to do my nails. But oh well. Maybe I'll give it a go somewhere else in the future. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. really cool post. :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    http://allnightlong-sophie.blogspot.de/
    xx Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful color!!! would you like to follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a shame that it didn't last longer, cause the color is absolutely beautiful!

    I'm a nail technician and do gel polish as well. On some people they stay better than on others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, was a pretty colour, I have the exact same colour in a Nails Inc polish.

    Yeah I guess. I don't really do manual work or come in contact with water unless it's showering, washing hands, face etc I think that's what disappointed me the most, but oh well, could be the way different salons do them as well maybe ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm thats weird I love it and it lasts so long on my nails regular polish chips so easy on my nails.

    I am now following your blog check mine out :)
    loa20s.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see so many mixed reviews on this - my sister had hers done in Cyprus for a wedding and they lasted perfectly for 3 weeks and a girl I worked with go it done and they lasted about 4 days!

    I wouldn't shell out that much money unless I was sure!

    Josephine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig