Monday, 4 February 2013

How-to wear red with Stargazer!

Hi beauties!

So I received some Stargazer* goodies the other week and thought I'd do a quick makeup look using some of the bits I received. RED! It's a colour not many will be brave enough to attempt! Especially bright red eyeshadow. BUT...as I have discovered, you don't have to go all out. 

Here are the goodies I received. An eyeshadow in shade 'red', a lipstick in shade '211' and a mascara in red as well. If you don't know much about Stargazer go check them out. They often do very bright makeup colours and have been seen in quite a few mags! 


So anyway, let me tell you a little bit more about...
THIS LOOK! You can go very sultry with a red eyeshadow if you're feeling brave! Add a subtle cat eye (not too winged) and voila! Sultry beautiful eyes. Or, if you're not feeling as brave, you can do a cat eye with the eyeshadow. Personally, I love using eyeshadow instead of gel/liquid/khol sometimes because the effect is always smokey and as long as you use a good primer on the lids, it should stay put for the day. I really really like the more subtle look that you can create, appropriate for everyday or to spruce up an outfit. 




Now let me tell you about...
THE PRODUCTS! The eyeshadow is a nice consistency. It doesn't fall under the eye like dust as a lot of eyeshadows do which is great because I don't have to rub it off. It costs £4 which is about average for a single eyeshadow. 

The mascara, although not very visible in the pictures does give the lashes some redness. Not as much as I'd imagined but it does compliment the look more nicely. Also, by adding red mascara rather than black to the winged look the eyes look wider and more awake. It costs £3 which is very cheap for a mascara, if there's an eyeshadow you wear over and over again then one of these makes a great partner! And it's cheap!!! 

The lipstick, also very nice, it's very matt so you can always add some lipgloss to your heart's content to make it a little more sparkly. It didn't dry out my lips or smudge so this makes a good buy at £3.50.

Overall...
Overall, I'd re-purchase these products, they're really cheap and good quality. There are a wide variety of colours for all products but they do tend to be more on the eccentric side. I'm definitely looking forward to trying some more pastel colours in the future. 


XOXO

20 comments:

  1. Lovely products, I like red eye-shadow xx

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is stunning, I love these bright colors. Red is one of those colors that scare people but this is an amazing tone and looks gorgeous as an eyeliner or as part of a smoky look..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you do it right, then red eyes can be really effective. You've certainly mastered it - love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guees I'll never have the courage for red eye make up! But it looks good here. Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, yeah Im the same- im not brave enough to wear it, but i think the one where you have it half over is really cool
    xxxx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is gorgeous, the red really is so striking!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's amazing x

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and a really cool blog.
    Would be amazing if you could visit my blog too. Also, let me know if you want to follow each other :)

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh,thank you for the lovely comment,dear:)
    Your blog is super cute and interesting:)
    xoxo Veselina from Bulgaria :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Colour!

    Lovely blog you got here doll, would love to follow each other!

    Follow me on GFC and Facebook and i will follow you back;)

    This is my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Juicy-Confashions/450396928311999?fref=ts

    Love from Amsterdam!

    http://juicyconfashions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! amazing look!!!
    maybe we could follow each other via gfc/fb/bloglovin?! It would be a pleasure for me :)

    http://glamourdrama.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice review!
    I didn't know about these products, but I thought they're really nice! I love what you did in the eyes!

    I'm following you! <3

    http://officialgabi.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, nice blog!! It's the first time I'm visiting here and I adore it!
    Wanna follow each other? Let me know!
    x

    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this got it a few weeks ago thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!

    Followed (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you very much for visiting and following me too. I'm also following you :)

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm following you to darling :) ps. lovely blog, you are so gorgeous!

    xx, http://wehaveefreedom.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for visiting my blog, I've been following yours for a while now :) Great makeup btw x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi just found your blog! Love the first eye make up pic, it looks kinda dusty and muted which I really like and makes the bold red colour more wearable :) Really good post!

    If you have a minute, take a look at my blog? If you enjoy it, maybe we could follow each other? :) Lucy xx

    www.behind-clothes-doors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your eyes look absolutely amazing! .. love the look!

    I am following you. Would love it if you visit and follow back at:
    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig