Monday, 11 February 2013

NOTW: Ciate Velvet Manicure

Hi beauties!


NOTW this week is Ciate's Velvet manicure*. I've always been intrigued about this and always wanted to try it. It comes in three different colours. Grey, Plum and Blue! 

So...let me tell you more about this manicure.
It costs £14.00 and it comes with a tube of velvet,  full sized polish and a little brush. I was really pleasantly surprised with this manicure, I didn't expect it to last very long because I thought the 
velvet would be too fluffy and would just end up washing off every time you wash your hands etc. 
I'm glad I was proved wrong. This actually lasted a whole 7 days and it would've lasted longer hadn't I started picking it off.

Doing this is surprisingly easy too. You just put 2 coats of polish on as usual. The first coat you let dry, then the second coat it gets tricky! The second coat you have to do nail by nail. Once you apply 
the second coat to your first nail quickly dust some velvet over it. Then repeat on the remaining nails. 
I found that because the tube was so full I had to take the lid with the pouring holes off and pour the 
velvet directly on and even though it seems like your wasting a lot that way because quite a lot comes 
out, the tube will still be full when you're done.
When all the nails have been done, use the small brush to brush off any excess velvet.
After a while of having the velvet on it will become less fluffy, more rocky

Overall...
I'd recommend this manicure to anyone who wants to spice up their polish, it's reasonably priced.
because the polish is full price and the velvet will last for many manicures.
What do you think? Ever tried any funky manicure? 

XOXO


8 comments:

  1. I'm loving this polish, looks so funky, I tried nails inc textured polish and tried the ciate caviar nails but haven't tried this and will definitely be trying it now after ready this post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try this, looks so cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour, but I don't know how keen I am on the effect!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Giveaway here


    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the grey colour :) looks fab! It lasted ages too xx
    www.missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, never seen anything like it! This is FAB!!!

    xoxo
    glam-mania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I like your blog very much. I'd like to invite you to my blog connected with fight against eating disorders, cause i think we shouldn't be silent about that. Of course you can find here also mode, make-up, opinions, advices, photos, daily stories, healthy recipes etc. You can trust me you will find something you will like.If you'll like it really much, you can become my new follower. Hope to visit me soon. Have a very nice time. xoxxx Andie
    www.couragetoenter.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear :) nice your blog and cute post! now follow you with pleasure;) if you want me to go!

    http://teanonsolomoda.blogspot.it/

    Kiss Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw i really wanna try this! looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig