Saturday, 25 May 2013

Front Cover: Colours Of The Season Box Review!


 Hi beauties, 

Hope you're having a great long weekend! Today I'll be reviewing the Front Cover Colours Of The Season Box.* 

I had previously seen Front Cover boxes in Boots around Christmas time but I had never actually bought one. I've never been super keen on makeup boxes like these, but when I was shown Front Cover's latest makeup boxes I thought they looked great - especially the colours of the summer one. 

In this box you have: 

  • A black eye crayon
  • Blusher brush
  • Multi-coloured blusher 
  • Coral nail varnish
  • Double ended eye brush
  • 3 lipsticks 
  • 3 eyeshadows 
The eye crayon is brilliant! Really good quality and easy glide so it's super easy if you like doing thick eyeliner or cat eyes. I've been using this everyday since. Even though I washed my arm after taking the last picture above, the eyeliner stayed on my arm for ages! So it's excellent quality. 

The brushes are very quality as well. I normally hate brushes that come with makeup like the small brushes you get with blushers or powders - I always throw them away. However, the blusher brush makes an easy application on the cheeks as its small and curved - perfect for any blusher. And the double ended eye brush is handy for applying eyeshadow to the lid and blending. 

The blusher is a mix of colours, these are typically my favourite kind, but this one isn't particularly strong. It's very light and not very noticeable. I had to rub quite hard on it with the brush for a while before actually getting some to stick to the brush and even when I applied it to my cheeks it just wasn't very prominent. 

The nail varnish I haven't tried but I love the colour and will be using this in a NOTW very soon! Can't imagine it being bad quality though =) 

The lipsticks are great, my favourite products from the box. I love the colours and I love their light texture. They're not heavy at all but the colours are strong and they show up well on the lips - just like they do on my arm (last picture).  The only downfall of these is that Coral Peach and Coral Sand are basically the same colour. This is bizarre to me because when you actually look at them in the box the colours look similar, but Coral Peach looks slightly more mellow than Coral Sand. I would prefer if one of the lipsticks had a slightly more pinky hue maybe. But to be honest, I don't mind because I love the consistency and feel of these lipsticks, so easy to apply, and they don't leave any of the dry lip bumps behind.

I'm also really excited to find out that the Front Cover lipsticks are available to buy individually for £4.00 and some of them are now on offer for £2.00 here.

Last but not least, the three eyeshadows. A mix of purple, coral and gold which is quite a nice combination, so I was quite looking forward to giving them a wizz. These are great shades, however, their actually very light when applied on the lids. You need a few applications for the colours to actually become visible. I don't see this as a bad thing to be honest because it means that I have more control over the intensity of the colour. If I just want a slight shimmer then one application is enough, if I want something stronger then another application or two will be necessary. 

Overall...
I love this box. Mostly, I love the colours, I've always been in love with coral shades - they are the perfect summer colour. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to go for a quick summery look but doesn't want to invest in a thousand different products. This little box is super convenient to use and also makes a really nice little present for someone's birthday! RRP: £18.00
I will definitely be buying some of the individual lipsticks and be giving the below a whirl as it looks great. 

What do you think of Front Cover cosmetics? Have you ever tried anything?  



13 comments:

  1. oooh wow, that looks pretty good value for money too!
    May pick one up when I'm next in boots and give it a go!

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that you could buy the lipsticks individually, that's so good! Especially as they look so pretty.

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shades! Might have to check out this box out.
    Rebecca x
    Ze Makeup
    Ze Makeup on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This looks so gorgeous. I'm very impressed! I'm a new follower :)

    I'm currently running a M.A.C Giveaway! http://beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/mac-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coral sand shade looks lovely!

    Ria x
    naturiabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it *.*
    I like your blog sooo much.
    I follow you now =)
    Maybe you follow me back?

    Have a look :)

    Greez Emma WUnderbar

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post! love the eyeshadow colors! mind to check out my blog? maybe we can follow each other :)

    www.thebeautyyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for your comment, I follow back!! great post and blog as well!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog!

    www.carriesfashionstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. such beautiful colours

    mind taking a second to check out my blog? I love feedback!
    http://rosewaterreflections.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't ever tried this brand but from what you've said I might just have to get something from them even if its just a token nail polish or something!

    The Beauty 101 xx

    theb101blog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig