Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Proactiv Solutions Mineral Pressed Powder Review


Hi beauties, 

Today I'm going to review the Proactiv Solution Sheer Finish Translucent Pressed Powder*.
For those of you who don't know about the brand, Proactiv is a skincare brand with a nice celeb following. Proactiv also focuses mostly on skin imperfections such as blemishes. Their make-up is oil free so that it doesn't congest your pores and cause blemishes. It's a brand I've always wanted to try, so I was quite excited when approached and asked if I'd like to review it.


So, to start with, it's nicely packaged and presented. This powder is one colour and it will suit most skin colours and all skin types. I tried this several times over my Benefit liquid foundation to mattify my face and even out the foundation colour. I ALWAYS use pressed powder after foundation as I just feel that if you don't, well there's not much point in even using foundation. 

This worked out very well for me, the powder was incredibly light-weight, the colour match was perfect and the oily look foundation leaves you with was instantly mattified. It covered my face nicely, and gave me a healthy - even tone. What I liked the most about it was that it didn't darken my face slightly (or make it look tanned) like the great majority of pressed powders do, and it felt very light, again, unlike most powders I normally use which feel quite constricting. 
Also, for a mineral powder, I wasn't expecting it to provide great all over coverage, but it does! It was quite long-lasting, as long-lasting as all other powders so can't complain about that. It's easily carried in your handbag so it's perfect for re-applying and freshening up throughout the day. 

Overall...
I was impressed with this powder, it ticked all the boxes for me so I would re-purchase again and definitely recommend to anyone who's looking for a more natural/mineral powder. It costs £13.95 which is quite a bit more than what I pay for my current powders and I think I will still keep my array of powders with me, but it's nice having this one for when I feel like having lighter makeup days! My little treat!  

What do you think of Proactiv? Have you ever tried anything from the brand? 





4 comments:

  1. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine.
    And if you want we can follow each other here,
    on bloglovin an via GFC?
    Let me know!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sara.
    Great review!, I want them :)
    I also really like your blog, I just subscribed and it would mean a lot to me if you take a minute and check, follow my blog if you like. Thank you so so much, have a nice day,
    xoxo Diane
    http://myopinionandmoreblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up? I'm Steven. I think your blog is awesome. I am following. I hope you can check out my website: http://www.the-proverbs.blogspot.com and FOLLOW. Thanks talk to you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a promising product. Thanks for reviewing. :)

    Your latest follower, Lauren x
    http://laurelbay-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig