Saturday, 31 August 2013

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer Review


Hi beauties! 

I bought this product a while back and have really not been impressed with it since. I'm generally quite happy with products I review, however, I feel for the price, this primer really is rubbish, so beware before buying! 
The L'Oreal Studio Secrets Resurfacing Primer claims to smooth texture and leave no oily residue. It's also great for wearing under foundation as it claims to disguise wrinkles and pores giving a matte, silky finish. 
My thoughts
Really, really did not like this product. I used it several times hoping that I was applying it wrong or not using it properly, but every time I got the same result. 
1. It left my skin oily and definitely not matte or silky. It was very hard to apply 'smoothly' as it was quite lumpy and thick. 
2. When I applied foundation over the primer, lumps of primer were being spread around by my foundation brush and ended up making it look like my skin was falling off my face. It also made my brush all dirty and sticky. 
3. It costs £14.29 which is far too much for the bad quality, especially considering it's L'Oreal which makes the product extremely disappointing. 

Overall...
Definitely not impressed with this product, it was the first Studio Secrets item I've purchased and will definitely be the last as the quality was poor and the price was way too high. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. If you're after a good primer, choose a silky, liquid one like Porefessional from Benefit. It's only a little bit more expensive, but it definitely does what it says on the tin! 

Have you ever tried this product? What did you think?

9 comments:

  1. Ohh I've been wanting to try this for ages, thank you for the review - I won't bother now!
    I have found primers can sometimes react with certain foundations and go a bit lumpy, so it could be that, but as you say if it's quite thick and lumpy to begin with maybe it's just a dodgy formula!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about getting this but £15 for the drugstore is a lot! Thank you for your review! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know! The swatch on your hand looks chunky and rough

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a shame that you didn't like it! I'll make sure I steer clear of this primer.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was lucky enough to try a sample of this and I wasn't impressed also, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. just saw it the other day & now I'm glad I didnt get it!!!
    btw- love ur blog :) following you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, glad I could help. Following back x

      Delete
  7. The swatch of this looks really full of oil and thick to be honest! Thanks for the warning, it's no longer a studio secret how crap it is!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, you're right Abigail, the crappiness is no longer a secret x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig