Saturday, 7 September 2013

August Favourites!


Hi beauties! 

Happy September! It might be a little late but hey! Here's my first ever favourite monthlies post!
So here's what I've been loving during the month of August.
Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-in Cream 
Crazy Angel Supreme Tan Extending Moisturiser
Yon-Ka Juvenil Spot Lotion
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Vaseline Lip Balm
Smooch Kookie Crumble Blusher
Veet Precision Facial Waxing Stick
L'Anza Anti-Dandruff Scalp Spray
Arbonne Glow Highlighter
Rimmer Scandaleyes Mascara  

My thoughts
Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-in Cream 
This is a product I've had for absolutely AGES! I fell in love with this when I went into Headmasters for a trim once and decided to order it the second I got home. Although I also use a variety of oils, I always love coming back to this leave-in cream. I literally only apply this to the ends rather than the entire mid-length which I do with oils, only because this product contains the anti-snap formula, perfect for avoiding split-ends. An absolutely lovely product, smells divine and works well. Highly recommended.
RRP: £16.85Feel Unique

Crazy Angel Supreme Tan Extending Moisturiser 
I've been using this tan extender ever since I've come back from my holiday to try and keep my gorgeous browns as long as possible. Crazy Angel is a professional tanning brand which is always appealing as you know that if it's used in salons it's good. The tan smells quite fruity rather than like fake-tan which is re-freshing and so far it's done a good job keeping up the tan, I don't use it everyday though, every other day or every 3 days or so. 
RRP: £10.50Crazy Angel

Yon-Ka Juvenil Spot Lotion
I love this lotion in times of need. It's a little tricky to use but also versatile. You can use it locally on a blemish with a compress/cotton pad or you can add it to a spot creme, Yon-Ka recommend adding 2 pumps to their Creme 15 which I also use, however, I have added it to other brands simply for it's amazing natural, anti-septic properties. This lotion works really well in not only keeping spots at bay, but also at reducing their size and inflammation FAST! Love it! An absolute shelf must-have! 
RRP: £36.00Yon-Ka

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Lately I've been using a lot of gel or oil based cleansers and face washes and not doing a lot of exfoliating :( so during August I decided to go back to an old favourite, the daily microfoliant. This gives me the feel that I'm giving my skin a much needed deep cleanse and scrub. Needless to say I love this product, it's another shelf must-have for all skin lovers! 
RRP: £40.30Dermalogica

Vaseline Lip Therapy Balm: Rosy Lips 
After going through the dozens of lip balms stashed away in my drawers from last year's lip balm review I could finally go and buy another lip balm! What did I choose? Well, an old favourite of course. Need I say more about the amazing vaseline balms? Lip luxury? I think so. Enough said! 
RRP: £1.99 / Boots 

Smooch Kookie Crumble Blusher* 
I've been really giving this a go lately, I thought as the end of summer is approaching, ditch the bronzers and go back to the good old rosy blushers again. My first pick up? The smooch Kookie krumble blusher. it's a lovely warm rosy colour, not too pink, but not quite edging into the browns. It's also quite pigmented so you don't have to apply a lot to look great. I will be reviewing this fully soon! 
RRP: £8.50 / Smooch Cosmetics 

Veet Precision Facial Waxing Stick 
Lately I've decided to ditch the upper lip bleach and go for a wax. I'd never waxed my face before, so when I went shopping for the right product I chose a trustworthy brand with a product targeting the facial area. I thought the precision wax looked intriguing and long-lasting and I have since been giving it a go. I have to say it's quite good. Extremely easy to use, you just plonk it into a cup of boiled water, wait a few minutes, squeeze onto the area, apply a small strip (20 strips come with the wax) and pull! I've used it 4 times now and I'm not even half-way through the wax so it's good value. As for the waxing itself, I find that you need to do it really really quickly as the wax goes cold really fast once spread so it does take quite a few strips to get it right, meaning I've run out and will have to go and buy more from Boots. Also, the other end of the wax is a nourishing cream for applying after :) I would recommend this! 
RRP: £8.99 / Boots 

L'Anza Anti-Dandruff Scalp Spray* 
I reviewed this product along with it's 2 other counterparts not too long ago. You can read it here however, I really wanted to include it in my August favourites as it's a really fantastic product and has really saved my scalp over the last couple of months when I haven't had an anti-dandruff shampoo at hand. It's just so unbelievably refreshing! Highly recommended! 
RRP: £17.85 / Feel Unique 

Arbonne Glow Highlighter* 
During the summer I really took to highlighting. I never really gave much though or important to it, but it can most definitely lighten up a dull complexion and make eyes look wider. I now love highlighting and it's all thanks to my trialling of the lovely Arbonne Glow highlighter. I will most definitely be writing up a full review of this product soon, so keep your eye peeled! 
RRP: £31.00 / Arbonne 

Rimmer Scandaleyes Mascara  
I bought this about 2-3 weeks ago as it was new to give Rimmel a second chance. Years ago I used to mainly use Rimmel mascaras as they were the most popular in your face mascaras at the time. However, I was never pleased with them. I found them clumpy, thick and definitely didn't deliver the curl, length or definition I was after, needless to say that I ended my relationship with Rimmel mascaras shortly after and never touched them again! 
However, I thought, why not give it another go? Turns out I was pleasantly surprised! I actually quite like the scandal eyes mascara, it's not thick nor clumpy and the length is very good. It's also very very dark which is a big thumbs up. I will do a full review on this very soon to explain more and show you the results. 
RRP: £6.99 / Boots 

I hope you enjoyed my monthly favourites as much as I did!
Let me know if you've ever used any of the products mentioned and what you thought of them! 


3 comments:

  1. I was thinking about purchasing the mascara, but I find Rimmel a bit hit and miss with their mascaras, can't wait to read your full review!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's what I used to think, but this one's actually decent :) x

      Delete
  2. Love Vaseline! And I've been wanting to try Veet too; I'll probably go out to get it soon after reading you review!^^
    I'm following you via GFC, bloglovin and SheSaidBeauty, would love to get a follow back from you too:)

    http://the-beautiful-era.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig