Monday, 7 July 2014

Degusta Box JUNE: Review


June Degusta Box 
Hi beauties!
I am SOO excited to finally start going down the food route with my blog! I love food - sometimes a little too much, and was delighted to be sent the popular June Degusta box* to test and review for you! 
Degusta box is a monthly subscription food box which costs £12.99 with p&p included. Every month you will receive different food items in your box, from items you can make a meal with such as pasta and sauces, to individual products such as drinks or snacks! 
This is something different to what I normally review, but it is something I will be doing more of, so read on to find out more about the amazing yummies in the June box! 

What's Inside and Thoughts...
Inside the June Degusta box was a bottle of Strawberry Lambrini fruit wine, Strawberry Shaken Udder Milkshake, Alpha bites cereal, Urban Fruit strawberry baked fruit snack, 2 Be Fast breakfast banana shakes, Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Grinder, Veetee microwave basmati rice, Estrella beer and Elizabeth Shaw chocolate Amaretto flutes

BEAR Alphabites Cereal
No refined sugar, no salt and no added nonsense. If you want good old cereal and nothing else BEAR's Alphabites is definitely for you. In order to make these naturally crunchy, BEAR use coconut blossom. Give yourself, or your children the best start to the day and try this delicious, natural cereal. £2.69. Available from supermarkets nationwide.  


Lambrini Strawberry Fruit Wine
I LOVED this drink! Is it really sparkling wine? The alcohol percentage is so low (5%) that the alcoholic/dry wine taste I often get with most wine (not a big wine drinker) is non-existent! This sparkly wine is very fruity and perfect to drink alone or with a meal and it makes the PERFECT companion for a BBQ! At a bargain £3.29 I will DEFINITELY be buying every flavour it comes in for these summer days! Available from Tesco & Asda!
Shaken Udder Strawberry Milkshake This brand of milkshake is one I've seen around a fair bit. I love a good milkshake, however I normally drink the Yazoo ones which tend to be very thick so the thing I like the most about this milkshake was that it was extremely tasty and very light. Also, it comes in these smaller sized cartons, perfect for either yours, or the kids' lunchpack! £1.89 for 3 cartons! BARGAIN! Available from Tesco and other supermarkets! 

Urban Fruit - Strawberry  I've never seen these anywhere. They come available in strawberry, mango and pineapple! This is the perfect snack for when you're feeling a little pekish at home,in the office or on the go! Urban fruit is simply bits of fruit that have been gently baked! It's perfectly healthy and will definitely satisfy the craving for something sweet without piling on the pounds! £1.09 per pack! Available in supermarkets nationwide! 


Be Fast - Breakfast ShakeThese come available in banana, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. These are perfect for people who are on the go and don't have time to sit down and have breakfast! If you have a busy day ahead and you have to rush, grab a fresh one of these on your way out and nurture your body with nutritious fibre, protein - AND they are low in fat! I did feel more satisfied until lunch-time than I normally do when I don't have breakfast so they are definitely worth having around, especially if like me, you don't eat breakfast! £1.00 each. Available in supermarkets nationwide! 

Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Grinder
Like baking? Then you'll love this! Every vanilla cake recipe I've ever made has asked for Madagascan vanilla, however, I've never found it, so I normally end up buying normal vanilla extract. However, these raw extracts of Madagascan vanilla which you grate into your recipe really will get your taste buds going as this extract is stronger than the average liquid extract. Also, take full advantage of this amazing extract and grinder and grind some Madagascan vanilla into your hot drinks or ice cream for FULL flavour! £4.99. Available from supermarkets nationwide! 

Veetee Basmati & Wild Microwave Rice 
These are available in the basmati & wild flavour as well as wholegrain brown and egg fried. This rice can be enjoyed as part of a stir-fry or simply popped into the microwave for 2 minutes and enjoyed as a side. I love these kinds of microwave rice meals like the Uncle Bens and Tilda rices. Veetee is a new brand for me but I did like the rice a lot. It was very filling and quite rich. The only thing I would say is, this type of rice suits people who prefer milder tastes more than myself. I like the mexican and chinese flavoured rices more, but this is definitely still a great product, just depends what your taste-buds prefer :). £1.49 each which is pretty average for this kind of product. Available in supermarkets nationwide.



Estrella Beer 
I don't like beer so I gave this one to the Mr, much to his delight :) He liked the crisp, all-rounded flavour by itself as well as with a savoury snack. However at £4.00 per can, I think this is a little too pricey for what it is and we wouldn't purchase it individually based on that. However, if you are really passionate about your beer, you will appreciate that this one is imported directly from Spain and probably won't mind paying the price for the authentic Spanish taste! Available in supermarkets nationwide! 

Elizabeth Shaw Milk Chocolate Amaretto Flutes 
This is a new range from Elizabeth Shaw which consists of heavenly delicious batons of chocolate milk with a tempting selection of flavours. These flutes are made of deliciously luxurious milk chocolate with a sweet taste of Italian amaretto. The perfect synergy between these two flavours is absolutely divine. We've been eating these as a snack and I have to admit that this is my favourite item from the box purely because it's so devilishly tasty! However, these can also be used to make a celebration cake! Whoever you give these flutes too, you are sure to impress for life! £2.59. Available from supermarkets nationwide! 


Overall...
I absolutely love Degusta box! I was very impressed with my first box as it contained different types of food items to suit everyone. I love the fact that you have items such as the Veetee rice and Elizabeth Shaw flutes as well as Madagascan vanilla which encourage you to try a new recipe and cook something amazing, as well as the one off snack or drink! I would highly recommend Degusta box to all foodies who love discovering new foods and flavours and want something a little bit different every month! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great article ♥
    love those boxen a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig