Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Benefit Cosmetics Fake Up Concealer


Benefit Fake Up Hydrating Concealer 
Hi beauties!
I've been meaning to review this for quite some time as Benefit is one of my all time favourite makeup brands and concealers are one my absolute must-have products! 

My Thoughts...
I LOVE Benefit, but I must say this was the first time I was disappointed with one of their products. I bought the Fake Up concealer as soon as it came out as I found the hydrating side of it interesting, however, I was disappointed with a few things. First of all the coverage is really not great. For a concealer, I found that it didn't really conceal any imperfections as the consistency for it was all wrong, it wasn't a particularly thick concealer either which is probably why it didn't do a very good job. As for the hydrating factor, again, disappointing. I really didn't feel like it made a difference to my skin at all. 



I felt like the concealer had been compromised and sacrificed for the sake of adding a hydrating factor which did not perform to the ability it should have, coming from Benefit.
Overall...
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, it was very disappointing given the price you pay for it £18.50, especially given that Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation Stick (very similar to Benefit's but with a RRP of £8.99) does a much better job. This has been the only Benefit product I've disliked up until now. It won't stop me from purchasing future Benefit products, but I would save some money and stay clear of this one :)
Have you tried this? What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. I love this highlighter <3
    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think benefit products are hit or miss. Heard so many bad things about this concealer!
    Everything Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not keen on this one either

    Over on my blog I am having a Real Techniques, YSL and Barry M giveaway:

    http://www.milliecbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/real-techniques-ysl-and-barry-m-giveaway.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wondering about getting this concealer. But I don't think I will be getting it. Makeup revolution has a similar concealer for much cheaper, so maybe I will get that instead.

    I just discovered your lovely blog.

    Hugs Loevens
    www.loevensmakeuprambles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig